Speed test result error

tAtu*! 22:19 27 Jan 11

Hi all

My ISP is sky and I can get usually between 6 and 8 Meg download speeds. I have been on speedtest.net and a couple of others and the are showing I am getting between 50 and 70 Meg download. The test starts off slowly, hoovering around the 3 meg mark, then spikes to an unbelievable number then ends?

Anyone have any idea what mat be causing this?

Cheers

gengiscant 22:23 27 Jan 11

Just ran the test,it shows my usual speed.Strange but great speed you are getting.

Poitier 14:52 28 Jan 11

Hi,
Are you by any chance using Kaspersky? They have acknowledged in the past that it can interfere. I have had a similar experience and found that readings were normal using Ubuntu without a/v.

tAtu*! 22:10 28 Jan 11

hi guys

Yes, I am using Kaspersky, I have found since moving from McAfee that Kaspersky is causing me niggling problems all over the place.

tAtu*! 22:11 28 Jan 11

hi guys

Yes, I am using Kaspersky, I have found since moving from McAfee that Kaspersky is causing me niggling problems all over the place.

rdave13 22:17 28 Jan 11

" Yes, I am using Kaspersky, I have found since moving from McAfee that Kaspersky is causing me niggling problems all over the place. "
Looks like it's your answer.
If you would try to disable Krapersky, for a short while, then try the speed test again for results.
Re-enable Kapersky as soon as you've tried the test.

Poitier 14:39 29 Jan 11

Hi,
The problems that you are having with Kasperky might well be due to remnants of a previos a/v system. Visit their forum and follow the advice in the stickies regarding installation.

tAtu*! 22:10 29 Jan 11

Hi

I previously had McAfee, I unistalled it, used McAfee's removal tool and CCleaner, so I am pretty confident that there are no remnants of it left. Searching around, it does look like its linked to KIS2011, I suppose its just one of those things. I am nt complaining as I am fortunate I have fast internet speeds (granted, not the 70meg speednet says!)

Thanks guys!

Poitier 16:06 31 Jan 11

Hi,
You clearly took the necessary precautions on installation but I would be tempted to try a fresh download and installation.The latest version is 11.0.2.556 in case you installed from a retail CD. It has been trouble free for me and my friends.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…