Speed query re HP compaq nx9005

bstock 14:42 31 Jan 04

Hi,

Whenever I boot up my nx9005 it starts off at 518mz according to my computer properties, after several minutes I check again and its now at 1.79Ghz

Is this normal, this happens even when the battery is fully charged and I am operating on AC.

If it would start off at 1.79Ghz then presumable XP would load in that bit faster.

If this normal, does anyone have any helpful comments please.

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 16:02 31 Jan 04

That laptop has quanti speed, I think. It runs the processor at the speed necessary for the number of programs running. This is to save battery power and if you are using it plugged in, then it should not need to have quanti speed activated.

It is possible to diable quanti speed - see what is in the control panel about it.

For startup tips, have a look at click here and his comments about services etc.

bstock 17:21 31 Jan 04

Interesting, though I cannot find anything about it in the control panel, and searching help for quanti speed brings up a blank as well.

Have you got any more clues as to how I can disable it.

Thanks for your help

--
Bstock

Diodorus Siculus 18:59 31 Jan 04

Any mention of speedstep there? What is under power options - anything about slowing down when the laptop is doing less?

I am not certain of these terms; someone else may know better than me and be able to give something more specific.

bstock 19:24 31 Jan 04

Nope, sorry, first thing I looked for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017