SPEED UP MY P C

smokinbaby 21:30 27 Jan 03

Can anyone advise me if there is anything i can do to speed up my PC,it is one year old and has 50% free memory,but i find it is very slow if i try to run two web sites together.In fact they are impossible to run.

If the only answer is an upgrade which do i do memory or proccesor? or both,

Elrond 21:37 27 Jan 03

Please give us more system info. CPU/MEMORY etc

jediknight007 21:41 27 Jan 03

I suspect that you must have tons of programs which you don't currently need running in the background. Such programs like Winamp or Nero can reduce your PCs performance and disabling them from running the background will speed up your PC dramatically. If you are too lazy to have to always open them up, then just create shortcuts and they should open up in due course.

Mad Boy 21:42 27 Jan 03

depending on your expectations, Memory is good for opening a lot of programs (RAM that is, 128.0 or higher is great)

Processor speed is really for how fast you would like to execute your progs, and how reliable its going to be, But as i say, depends on what you want. Firstly try these things to speed up your pc, Also what are your current PC settings HD size, processor, os etc?

> First run scandisk
> Defrag All drives where neccessary
> Remove any unwanted Programs from Add/Remove list
> go to Start,Run and type Msconfig and remove any unwanted starting progs from th list.
> Clear any temp files from the C: and internet cache and history
Basically delete anything unused.

Regards

smokinbaby 21:46 27 Jan 03

Hello

Regarding my 1st posting named as above,the PC has 256MB of ram, and is 38Gb it has never been upgraded.

The Phantom Menace 22:27 27 Jan 03

smokinbaby

sounds like a slow internet connection who's your ISP?

or windows slowdown have you used disk cleanup or de-frag recently?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…