Speed of DVD/CD Writer

Border View 16:50 02 Sep 11
Answered

Can anyone please help me find out at what speed my new DVD/CD writer records at?

I run with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and in System Information it says the writer is a

TSST corp CDDVDW SH-222AB ATA device

Sorry if the answer is obvious but I dont know where to look - thank you.

Border View 21:23 02 Sep 11

Would appear not.

I have unoppened Memorex Recordable Media CD-R 700 MB 52X 80min CDs and don't know if these will work on my new computer which runs with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Don't want to break the seal on this back of 100 CDs. If I can't use them I shall put them on e-bay. But in the meanwhile don't know what to do with them.

Hope this additional information helps those who are prepared to offer advice.

Thank you.

BT 08:47 03 Sep 11

Its unlikely that your machine will write at a faster speed than 52x and discs will always write at a lower speed, which is preferable for accurate recording.

Terry Brown 09:59 03 Sep 11

The computer will adjust the spped it writes to the Cd /DVD to ensure a good copy, so the write speed is not important.

Terry

Border View 11:27 03 Sep 11
Answer

Many thanks for responding. Seems I was coming at the question from the wrong direction. Will use the CDs with confidence now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…