speed controller settings for PSU

wolfman101180 01:09 10 May 05

I have recently built my first pc. I am using Thermaltake 480W Butterfly psu. I have installed the speed controller that came with it, but am unsure about what speed to run it at. I want my psu to run as quiet as possible, which i know means running it at the lowest RPM, but i'm unsure what speed this is whilst still providing sufficient cooling.
Also, where do i view what my current RPM is?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

AOpen S478 Intel 865PE ATX A L
P4 3.0 Ghz
DiamondMax Plus9 160GB SATA150
DVD[plus]-R/RW 16x Dual Layer

DieSse 01:33 10 May 05

It's knowing what the temperature in the PSU is that's important, not what the actual fan speed is.

Does the PSU manual not tell you how to monitor it's temperature? - If not why not ask the manufacturer.

wolfman101180 02:03 10 May 05

Thanks DieSse

Where do i view what the temperature of the psu is and what kind of temps is the norm?

leo49 02:09 10 May 05

If you get 'Everest Home Edition'

click here

this will display mobo and CPU temperatures and also your fan speed[and just about everything else data-wise on your PC] so that you can experiment with the speed settings and see how they affect temperatures.

DieSse 02:13 10 May 05

You connect up the sensor, as the manual will tell you - then you either run a suitable sensing program , or you look in the BIOS.

Try these click here click here

What temperature should t be - I haven't a clue - maybe the manufacturers should tell you this.

leo49 02:15 10 May 05

You stalking me today? :o)

DieSse 02:21 10 May 05

i woz ere first ;-))

leo49 02:30 10 May 05

Well at least we know Kilroy won't be around much in the near future - thank god.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…