Speed camera database

I have been told that there is a database click here which holds records of every vehicle passing every speed camera above the legal limit. I find this hard to believe but I am reluctant to try it out for fear of picking up a 'nasty'.

Has anyone any knowledge of this?

plsndrs3 16:06 15 Nov 05

I remember a motor magazine spoofing a speed camera site. You entered your details after entering some registration details which have 'just happened' to get into the magazine's hands. The site warned you of an offence and required other pages to be clicked.

It was an April Fools joke - not sure if this is the same one, but I'd be surprised if Joe Public was allowed access to a real database of this kind.

HTH

Paul

plsndrs3 16:08 15 Nov 05

yep -that's the same one ;o)

Bagsey 16:10 15 Nov 05

I would give it a go mate. It amazing what you find out about yourself.

freaky 16:26 15 Nov 05

There is a speed camera location database, this is where the suppliers of GPS systems get their info' for their customers to update the detectors.

I have got a Road Angel, they recommend checking for updates once a week.

I don't think for one moment that the database I have referred to, would also supply details of every vehicle that has been caught - they would infringe the Data Protection Act !

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:12 15 Nov 05

Its a joke site

Ha Ha

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:14 15 Nov 05

This one is more usefiul if you live or travel in the West midlands

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:14 15 Nov 05

Oops forgot the link click here

sunny staines 18:45 15 Nov 05

If you have a car gps navigation system then POI EDIT Ithink is the best program that auto updates the camera databases for uk and europe.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…