Speech in MSN Messenger

bruno 18:40 07 Jul 05

I have a Logitech Quick cam Express webcam and I am attempting to communicate with two other users of MSN Messenger.The picture is fine,not jerky at all,but the sound is useless,breaking up and you cannot have a conversation.We are all on broadband at1Mb or more.Any tips,or is it always like this?
I used to think it was because we were on dial up,but obviously it wasn't.

howard60 20:27 07 Jul 05

have you all downloaded the latest version of messenger?

bruno 20:57 07 Jul 05

Yes,version 7,build 7.something.

A3 16:42 18 Sep 05

How did you fix your sound problem? We have a very high pitched whistling when talking - we are also using a LogiTech Camera with built in microphone.

Jim Thing 19:01 18 Sep 05

I have a regular weekly video chat with my son and his family in W. Canada. We use Logitech Quick Cam Zoom webcams at each end, and Logitech VideoCall software. Initially we had all sorts of audio problems, (break-ups, delayed 'echoes', etc.) but things have improved greatly since we started using headsets instead of separate mic and speakers.

Relevant? I dunno — but it worked for me...

sinbad1 19:06 18 Sep 05
  bremner 19:29 18 Sep 05

Your problem is feedback between the microphone and speakers.

If you are using a headset turn off the speakers - if not then turn down the microphone and speaker levels and move as far from the speakers as possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…