spedtouch and AOL hell

mossey123 21:37 17 Jan 06

i am trying to connect to aol via my speedtouch 576 router but i keep getting the "limited or no connectivity error" once i disconnect the ethernet cable from the router and go wireless

i have used the supplied cd to load everthing i thought was needed

any help would be appreciated

regards

michelle

glamworld 22:38 17 Jan 06

hi, connect your erthenet cable into your laptop,

click on the e for internet explorer, in the web bar address(were you normally put click here) type in the ip address, mine was 192.168.1.254 i think your should be the same, and press go, it should then bring up your routers set up page, i think then you either select install or configure, and it should then be ready for you to go wireless, hopefully ive give you all the right information, its a monthsince i worked it out so memory a bit rusty now

regards

hayley

mgmcc 23:50 17 Jan 06

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? Once "connected", the little icon will get its "halo" to indicate it is connected to that network and it should then get its correct IP address by DHCP from the router.

At the moment, the "Limited or No Connectivity" indication is because the wireless adapter hasn't got its IP address from the router. Windows has allocated a 169.254.x.x address, because the adapter has been unable to access the router to get the correct address, and this won't let you get online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…