Specified module cannot be found?????

Stressed Mum 17:46 03 Sep 06

On my kids pc every time they start up they get a message saying'RUNDLL - Error loading C;\PROGRA~\myweb~1\bar\1\MWBAR.DLL' Weird - run virus checks to no avail - any ideas? They have been downloading new free games etc which I have now deleted, and been using MSN alot.. Running Windows XP MS 2003. Thanks for any advice. SM

VoG II 17:49 03 Sep 06

That sounds like some nasty has been removed but Windows is still looking for it.

See if it shows up in msconfig and disable it click here

SANTOS7 17:51 03 Sep 06

click here
this may help..

Stressed Mum 17:51 03 Sep 06

Thanks VoG - on my way up there now! SM

Stressed Mum 18:15 03 Sep 06

ok - I am running Spybot... I can also see RUDLL MYWEB listed twice on the start up under config - but don't seem to be able to disable them! There are several items listed and all boxes are ticked. So I untick them all apart from the ones I want to disable and press disable but they are still there - even after restart and the error still comes up. I'll wait a few mins for Spybot to doits job - although I have already tried this :(

Stressed Mum 18:49 03 Sep 06

Nope - tried all - still getting error message with horrible error sound on start up and loading personal setting of all users on the pc. Spybot didn't find anything. Driving me batty now - have also tried system restore to no avail - anyone else with any ideas please? Thanks. SM

VoG II 18:50 03 Sep 06

Run HJT click here and post your log on the MWR forum click here

Stressed Mum 19:43 03 Sep 06

Hurraaay! Thanks VoG - what would I do without you - you are always so so helpful. HJT did the job! Regards. SM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant