is this spec ok?

dfghjkl 21:16 04 Nov 03

hello i have a budget of ?175,i have looked in some mags etc and come up with this.Asrock K7S8x,this is ?37.54,2500+ amd.?65 approx,2x 256 or a 512 (which is best)?65,fan etc?6,what i want to know is why is the mobo so cheap? it has everything i want 333 fsb,5.1 sound,no graphics,ddr ram slots up to 400,8x agp,yet it is a lot cheaper than others with less,is it any good?if not the next on my list is ?50,it must have 5.1 sound,usb 2,ddr,etc.if i spend ?50 on a mobo then i will have to get the 2400+.any advice welcome,will i have to reformat and reinstall os,30 gig with xp pro when i bolt it together?this is my first time.

Diodorus Siculus 21:35 04 Nov 03

the Asrock is a budget market subsidiary of ASUS and the model you mention gets fairly good reviews on the net.

You will likely have to format / reinstall your OS - it is the best bet anyway as different drivers will be needed for your hardware. Backup all your data, adress books etc.

dfghjkl 22:19 04 Nov 03

thanks

rev.bem 22:22 04 Nov 03

I have a PC with the K7S8x mobo and am well chuffed with it,it's as cheap as chips and a real bobby dazzler(groan).

This may be of interest to you

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…