Spec Help..

BaboonBoy22 18:34 31 May 05

I'm about to embark on making my first pc. I've been searching through countless sites lookin for componants. And well.. I'm stuck. I don't want to purchase anything to find out that it's not compatible and so on. I'm looking to make.. well a stupidly good machine. My current pc has a resonable spec. Celeron 2.6GHz, 80Gb HDD, 256Mb RAM.. but i've found it can't quite cope/keep up with what i want to do. If anyone could recommend a spec. it would be greatly appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:00 31 May 05

Well we probably need to Know what you want to do with it.

One for video editing would be quite different from a media machine or a game machine.

Border Collie 19:05 31 May 05

Worth a look click here and saves some time.

BaboonBoy22 19:17 31 May 05

I do quite a lot of dvd authoring + video editing. I tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time.. and my present machine can't keep up with my high demanding lifestyle (other words.. i'm an impatient so and so).. plus I love my gadgets.. so i want a machine that looks the part as well.

BaboonBoy22 20:24 31 May 05

sorry forgot to say that I would mainly use it for media purposes.. ie music.. pics.. tv etc. Just need something that can handle all these to the highest standard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…