Is this spec good enough for photo editing?

algey 16:38 12 Jan 10

Going to buy a lap top, which probably be an Acer Aspire 7736-663G25MN from John Lewis for £500 ( like the free 2 year guarantee)

Specs are :

Processor 2.2 Intel Core Duo (T6600)
Ram 3GB
Hard Drive 250 GB
Graphics Not Known ( Althrough Acer direct are selling the model and say it's UMA graphics,- don't know if it's intergrated or dedicated.

Screen 17.3 inch

I'm not a gamer, and will be using it mainly with photo editing software,which will include working with many layers of images.

Will this handle this at a reasonable speed,or should I be looking at somthing else (althrough the screen size and money I have available make a choice rescrictive.

User-1229748 16:51 12 Jan 10

if this is the lappy click here then it should be ok as the graphics are the same in this dell that in the review suggests that photo editing would be ok,others may be able to advise better than me tho as i don't do photo editing click here

john bunyan 18:49 12 Jan 10

See here for Photoshop CS4 requirements. Maybe you would find a mouse useful, and also if you get serious, a monitor.
click here

peter99co 22:59 12 Jan 10

I also attach an external hard drive and save photographs on that. You would hate to lose your cherished collection in a hard drive failure.

algey 21:10 13 Jan 10

smackheadz,john bunyan, peter99co.

Thanks for your replies, all very helpful.Feel happier buying it now.

McNotts 16:37 15 Jan 10

I want to buy a new PC for general use(no gaming) but it must have a good spec. for photo editing using Photoshop Elements 7. What features should I look for in this PC and should I consider any of PC Advisor's current Best Buys. Could you also recommend any suitable monitors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…