Spec check these PC's

Jhaemes 11:30 AM 30 Dec 11

I'm looking to buy a new computer, something I can game on eventually. I don't want to build my own, so I'm looking at custom pre-builts. I've come across these:

i3 2120 cpu, Asrock H61m-VS, 500 GB hard drive, 4gb of 1333 Mhz RAM, CD and DVD re-writer.

It doesn't come with an OS, but I'll be using the hard drive from my old desktop with it, that should work? Anyway, is that a good PC to buy? It's just less than £300.

There are a few AMD routes too, although these don't really have a good upgrade path.

AMD AM3 Quad Core X645 + Processor, 4 GB of RAM DDR3 1333 MHz, 1TB SATA Hard Drive, DVD-RW, card reader.

Both use the integrated graphics, but I will be upgrading to a a proper graphics card after a while.

There's also this third one:

AMD QuadCore 3.6GHz Processor 1 x 4Gb DDR3 Memory 500gb SATAII Harddrive High Performance Motherboard
NVIDIA 7025 Graphics DVD ±RW SATA Drive Top Quality CIT Case
500W PSU

It'll be used mainly by me for gaming and web browsing, although the rest of the family will use it a tad for minor browsing, if that's any help.

hastelloy 11:52 AM 30 Dec 11

I don't know anything about gaming but, if you simply take the hard drive from an old PC and put it in a new one, it won't work - the motherboard drivers won't be there.

Jhaemes 11:54 AM 30 Dec 11

Using the old hard drive as a second hard drive though?

hastelloy 13:32 PM 30 Dec 11

You can do that but you'll need an OS and appropriate drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11