Speakers Working But No Sound

gordy70 22:23 08 Jan 05

Hi Guys, can anyone help with this, I am running Windows XP and have Creative Audigy speakers. I have had the PC for around two years with absolutely no problems with the sound, however it has just stopped working. There is no sound from anything including Windows Media Player, Real Player, even the standard Windows startup sounds. There is a faint "noise" coming from the speakers, so they are getting power. If i do the tests on the Creative software, the system tells me that it is OK, but there isn't even any sound from this. I have tried all the volume settings i can find, in all of the players that i am aware of but am getting no where. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, Gordon.

muscic lover 22:26 08 Jan 05

Can you connect the speakers to another sound source? I.e to a music centre system to check the output?

gordy70 22:37 08 Jan 05

I have just connected the speakers to a DVD player and they work fine.

Starfox 23:14 08 Jan 05

Try this,

Start + Control Panel + Sound and Audio In the Sounds and Audio Properties box click volume and make sure the slider is at high and the mute box is not ticked, then click Advanced to open Volume Control and make sure all mute boxes are clear of ticks and Volumes set to high.Next click on Speaker volume and check settings again.

woodchip 23:23 08 Jan 05

Right Click Speaker in System Tray Properties Check it's not muted and volume full up

gordy70 23:24 08 Jan 05

All the sliders are high and nothing is muted, still no change. Thanks for your help.

gordy70 23:30 08 Jan 05

Right clicking the speaker in the system tray takes me to the Creative software, where all the sliders are high and nothing is muted. Thanks again.

woodchip 23:31 08 Jan 05

Try this as I had the Problem once, put a music CD in comp, and try push pull the jack in the socket , also make sure it's in the right one. Green is for Speaker

gordy70 23:42 08 Jan 05

Wiggling the jack has done the trick!

Thanks very much.

Starfox 14:53 09 Jan 05

Is that what's called a low tech solution?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…