Speakers very quiet

alexgray104 14:44 06 Mar 05

I have just upgraded my win 98 computer to XP Pro and it was expensive too. The problem is everything works except my speakers. They worked fine on 98 and now they actually work but you can only hear a whisper even up full on system volume and on the speakers. I have tried my other old set of speakers and they work the same as the others (only a whisper when turned up full on system and speaker volume). Does anyone have any ideas? I would be very grateful if you do because i have lots of music i play on it. Thanks in advance

stalion 15:03 06 Mar 05
  TomJerry 15:11 06 Mar 05

for your sound card

Stuartli 15:33 06 Mar 05

Have you tried double clicking on the Volume icon and checking that the slider(s) have not been brought down inadvertently?

You should also check Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel from where you can set the volume level of device(s) from low to high as required.

There are also volume and mute controls in Windows Media Player and similar applications which may have been altered.

mbp 16:28 06 Mar 05

After all the above, if you have external speakers, check every joint and connection to make sure you have not kicked one under your desk and there is a bad connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…