Speakers and TFT Screens

I have a TFT screen and some large hi-fi speakers that are connected to my PC. One of the speakers is right next to the screen. I believe that doing this with CRT screens damaged them. Is it OK with TFT?

Thanks.

BrianW 16:06 25 Jan 03

You wont cause the same damage as you would with the CRT as there is no electron gun or magnetic focussing / steering element in a TFT. Having said that, I would always be worried about putting any large / unshielded magnetice source close to an electronic device. Safest to check with the manufacturers for absolute safety. Of course, if your speakers are shielded - no problem.

Djohn 16:08 25 Jan 03

BrianW, agree!

©®@$ђ 16:11 25 Jan 03

good advice!

i'll third that

It's Novatech's own brand. Would they know this kind of thing?

click here

Djohn 16:32 25 Jan 03

I would think so, but as above speakers will not have the same effect on TFT's as they would on CRT's. If their was a problem, you would notice it immediately, the colours would be all over the place and you screen would be shimmering like a Belly Dancer. :o)

The screen is as beatiful as it was before. No distortion, dodgey colours or waves at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…