Speakers suitable to "improve" TV sound

Diemmess 10:32 25 May 10

New 22" LG TV sits snuggly in an alcove.
Forseen snag is poor sound.
The room itself is small and absolutely no wish for Home Cinema style.

There is a headphone socket (3.5mm jack) which cuts off the TV speaker and responds to the TV's remote volume control.

It seems to me that click here
this should suit in every way as long as the speakers' size is around 15cms tall.

Sound quality is obviously important, but I'm not after Hi-Fi, just some base again without a booming woofer (which my Altec Lancing on this PC does quite shamelessly unless the volume is very low).

Please, anyone who uses a Creative T10 2, please give me their opinion of the sound quality?

rickf 12:09 25 May 10

I just connect the TV to my HiFi system. Sound and tone make all the difference.

beynac 14:02 25 May 10

I've got those speakers and they work well. The sound is a huge improvement on the TV speakers but not, as you say, Hi-Fi. I even use them to play music on my DVD player. I would recommend them.

However, the speakers are 19.5cms tall.

Diemmess 15:39 25 May 10

beynac That's what I hoped to hear.

Thanks for the height dimension too, I did not find the basic H,W,D in the "specifications" I've looked at.
19.5mm is OK but not much larger!

beynac 16:34 25 May 10

The exact height of mine is 19.8cms at the front and 17cms at the rear. Hopefully, this is still OK!

Diemmess 17:04 25 May 10

Thanks for the more accurate measurement. It isn't so critical, but I would have difficulty with the Altec Lansing trio as used with this PC!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…