Speakers problem

charlton200 12:58 31 Aug 11

I have got to move my desktop computer for a while and there is no room for the two speakers and the subwofer. I would like to use just my monitor speakers until I can move my computer back again, but I can't . I took the speakers away but I can't get any sound out of my monitor speakers. I have altered the speaker settings in volume control, but that didn't work. Any other ideas pls.

Thanks

Woolwell 13:22 31 Aug 11

Have you checked that the cable to the monitor's speakers is properly attached?

charlton200 17:59 31 Aug 11

i have only two cables to the monitor and they are the blue pinned one and the power one.

Woolwell 18:44 31 Aug 11

That is why you haven't got sound. You will need a cable for sound between the back of the desktop and the monitor. It probably came with the right cables. What is the make and model of the monitor?

charlton200 07:05 01 Sep 11

It is a Sharp LL172A-B.

Since I have had the computer (about 8 years), I have always used external speakers, I don't remember seeing any other wires when it was delivered.

Thanks

BRYNIT 08:17 01 Sep 11

You will need something like Click here one end connect to the speaker out of your computer and the other into the connection on your monitor. You may have a cable from your speakers.

Note: The Monitor speakers will be of a low quality.

rdave13 08:23 01 Sep 11

According to this (pdf) accessory list you should have an audio cable ONWO173056023 lying around somewhere. Have a look at the connection for audio on the monitor but it could be a 3.5mm Jack Cable needed.

Snrub 10:48 01 Sep 11

Sounds like you need a 3.5mm Audio lead to plug from back of computer to monitor. I bought a brand new 2.5m long 3.5mm Audio Lead with gold plated connectors on e-bay for £0.99 incl. postage, next day delivery. A high street retailer will charge silly price £7-10+

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac