//some 3rd party need geo

Speakers Problem

Solartopi 20:48 29 May 06

Hi Folks

Just found out that one speaker (have two)no sound coming from it.

Please HELP!!!

Solartopi

Terry Brown 21:17 29 May 06

1--Do you have a stereo plug from your computer (normally 3.5mm Jack)
Look at end of plug. If it has 1 segment, it is mono.
If it has 2 it is stereo.

If it is mono it runs one speaker only,if stereo it should run both speakers

Let us know what's happening for more advice

Joe R 21:23 29 May 06

Solartopi,
It may be a good idea to go to control panel, sound and audio devices, click on advanced speaker settings, and ensure that this setting is at " stereo desktop speakers"

bluto1 21:35 29 May 06

Basic thing to do is check that both connections on your speakers and on your sound card on the PC are fully home. If you`ve already done it ignore this.

Solartopi 21:38 29 May 06

Hi Terry Brown,

I have two speakers Right & Left, and they have always both worked. I have a Green Plug - 3.5 cm with two white wires going from one speaker to the Green Connctor in my computer.
I have a Sound Card - SoundBlaster PCI 128.

Thanks

Solartopi

VoG II 21:39 29 May 06

Has it ever worked?

Solartopi 21:56 29 May 06

Joe R,

Yes checked. Set as Desktop Stereo Speakers.

Thanks

Solartopi

Totally-braindead 22:04 29 May 06

I don't suppose you have another set of speakers you could try or perhaps a set of headphones, just to see if the problems with the speakers themselves or the PC.

Solartopi 22:16 29 May 06

Totally-braindead,

Yes, tried my Headphones same problem, sound out of one headphone speaker only.

Thanks

Solartopi

?. 23:56 29 May 06

have you made sure in the volume control, the balance is in the middle and not to the one speaker?

Terry Brown 20:59 30 May 06

I used to have a Creative Soundblaster PCI128 sound card, and I had a problem, where I lost all sound, I (finally) traced this back to an upgrade from microsoft upgrade (sound card). removed the 'upgrade' and I got both speakers back. Have you recently loaded an upgrade (hardware fix) when you downloaded microsofts updates?.I still have the original CD, if you are stuck I would be glad to send it you for the cost of postage.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…