Speakers not working

Ridleyrider 17:26 06 Sep 04

I have installed a new hard drive and run the software for the soundcard but I cant get my speakers to work properly.

My set up is

Creative Soundblaster Audigy
Videologic ZXR550 speakers (only running the front & subwoofer speakers)

The Videologic instruction booklet is a bit vague with regards to set up as my soundcard has more ports than in the picture.

I have tried a variety of different ports for the cables and the most I get is a very feint crackling sound at nearly full volume.

I would appreciate any help with regards to which plugs are supposed to go in which ports and if I have missed something with with the software set up or sound settings in Windows.

Sans le Sou 20:58 06 Sep 04

The Audigy has green amber and black sockets, you usually have a diagram with the speakers to show which goes where. Have your speakers got 3 jacks for a full setup. Have you checked in the Audigy surroundsound mixer for any muted or turned right down sliders both in basic and advanced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…