speakers not workin

sweetiedonna 12:55 14 Jul 06

i have just had to have my pc fixed as it would start up as to much rubbish on it. they brought it back and it works fine apart from my speakers and bass box thing that came with the comp dont work. they worked fine b4 my comp broke and according to the women who fixed it all the right things are switched on on the comp so speakers should work any ideas why they dont as i know they should be workin?

Diemmess 15:12 14 Jul 06

"according to the women who fixed it all the right things are switched on on the comp so speakers should work."

Why not take it back and ask the repair people to plug their own speakers in - to check?

It may be a physical nuisance, but it is easily proved or corrected back at the workshop.

De Marcus™ 15:58 14 Jul 06

Try a set of headphones to confirm whether or not the socket is working.

sweetiedonna 16:19 14 Jul 06

hi thanks for replys. ive tried puttin headphones in and gettin nothin and ive checked all the things are plugged in and are in the right place. someone i know mentioned it might be the sound card thats gone but i dont know

wee eddie 17:31 14 Jul 06

Have you checked that the Sound is turned up.

If you have a Speaker Icon on your Tool Bar (Bottom Right). Left Clicking it will show the Volume Control. Right Clicking it will give you some more complex Controls. You will need to Un-tick any Mutes on Volume or Wave, Centre the Balance controls on each of those and play with their Volume Controls.

sweetiedonna 19:35 14 Jul 06

when she brought the pc back she checked everythin and she said there is no reason for the speakers not workin or us havin no sound and she said there was nothin they could do! she seemed a bit dozy to me maybe i should ring someone else?

Diemmess 19:48 14 Jul 06

It may be a mite inconvenient, but you have good reason to ask them to prove what they say.

If you go somewhere else, you will be charged all over again for what should have been right first time.

sweetiedonna 19:53 14 Jul 06

ok cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced