Speakers and headphone quit

Amalric III 11:10 25 Jul 08

ASUS motherboard. Every week or two the speakers, headphones and headset stop working. Everything seems correct.

How to find out what happened?

Technotiger 11:24 25 Jul 08

Have you got a Sound card or on-board AC97 sound?

Amalric III 14:18 25 Jul 08

I am using ASUS P5W DH Deluxe with the Creative Inspire T7700 speakers attached directly to the ports on the rear ports of the motherboard. The Hesdset is plugged into USB port. A microphone is also plugged into a USB port. I have just run Driver Dectective to make sure all the latest drivers this machine uses are installed. I have checked with to make sure all connectors are connected and the drivers are enabled.

It still not put out any sound from Skype or iTunes. I can still connect to Googlemail, and get to URLs.

Technotiger 14:36 25 Jul 08

Have you checked in the BIOS that your AC97 Audio is enabled?

woodchip 14:50 25 Jul 08

sounds like a faulty joint on the motherboard, as looking at post on how you plugged them in sounds like its onboard sound. why not try a cheap pci sound card. if you have a spare pci white slot on the motherboard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…