Speakers - floor unit

wotbus@ 08:58 05 Dec 07

My large/heavy base/ampli Creative unit sits on the floor under my desk - probably the same place as thousands of others. Switching it on/off is literally a pain in the rear as the switch is mounted low down on the rear of the unit!
Has anyone modified their "box" so the switch is in an more obviously accessible place on the front?
What do others do, leave them on standby all the time or get on their hands and knees each time to switch them off when they are finished using them?
My last unit expired after about 18months and I put this down to leaving it on all the time.

Technotiger 09:03 05 Dec 07

This is what you need, click here
I have a set of these, excellent!!

Technotiger 09:09 05 Dec 07

Or these, a bit cheaper ... click here

wotbus@ 09:22 05 Dec 07

Hi Techno. You know, I keep seeing these things in the store and have never thought of them being much use as we are already have 5 or 6 remote controls scattered around the place - including one we bought which was supposed to replace all the others LOL.
Giving it some thought now though, beyond merely adding another remote to the collection, I can see a simple solution to the problem which was overlooked before.
A discrete push on/push off mains switch with the LED would have been a better design on behalf of the manufacturer though.
Thanks for changing my avenue of thought ;-)

Technotiger 09:46 05 Dec 07

click here these are the actual set that I have, makes it very easy to switch my TV, Scanner and an external hard drive on/off without having to go into contortions to reach the mains sockets :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…