speakers dont work

carlinglover 17:41 06 Jan 04

i used to have m.e and my speakers worked but i have recently installed xp and for some reason i cant get my speakers to work...... i know i have to find the tuning wizard to detect my speakers but im very new to this and i need help in idiots terms pls.. ty for ya help

a msg from a neighbour can anybody help????

cheers again guys

carlinglover

Totally-braindead 17:46 06 Jan 04

Look in control panel and check that the speakers are switched on and the volume is set. You don't mention whether you have onboard sound or a seperate soundcard so this is most likely the problem but do check that you've plugged the speakers into the right socket, stupid I know but I did it myself, spent hours trying to solve the problem then discovered I'd plugged it into the mike socket by mistake.

carlinglover 17:49 06 Jan 04

where do i look in control panel coz im new to this and dont know how or where to look?

johnnyrocker 17:52 06 Jan 04

sounds/media

johnny.

carlinglover 17:53 06 Jan 04

ty all i will let them know then let ya know if its sorted... ty for ya help again guys

carlinglover

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…