Speakers...

CluelessFool 20:16 16 Nov 05

I need help setting up my speakers after formatting my secondary computer (which is on XP).

I have a "Creative" subwoofer and two satellites, and there is no installation disk for them.

I tried searching for them in "Add New Hardware" but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wanderfly 20:26 16 Nov 05

You shouldn't need software to set up basic 2.1 speakers. They simply plug in the audio out at the back, probably then straight to the Sub and the sats run from there. Then you can change the way Windows views them through the Control Panel, click on Sound, Speech and Audio Devices then Sound and Audio Devices and you'll get a pop up box. On the Advenced tab on the speaker settings you can change the type of speaker you're using.
Some speakers do come with software, but it isn't normally a "Driver" a such just sound enhancements like graphic equalisers etc.
Hope this helps,
Alex

woodchip 20:27 16 Nov 05

You do not need any software for speakers only drivers software for sound card, Does your computer have sound. You can check this look foe a small speaker socket at the back of computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…