DAGWOOOD 02:52 10 Jan 04

I currently have speakers that use a standard 3.5mm audio jack to connect to my pc. I am thinking of having some new speakers but wandered whether there are any other types of cable/adaptors used so as I can check I have a compatable socket on my computer. (Spot the beginner!!!). Thank you.

  Gaz 25 04:58 10 Jan 04

Most PC speakers will be 3.5" jack. Just go out and buy Multimedia speakers from your local PC shop.

  Gaz 25 04:59 10 Jan 04

3.5mm jack I meant. LOL

  Swampy 07:01 10 Jan 04

Wow! That's some plug GAZ 35! I'll bet that makes a good contact. Sorry, just being silly.
Shop around Dagwoood - prices vary a great deal and if possible have a listen to them before buying. Don't go by the advertised wattage either. What you need is the RMS value. I recently bought some on behalf of a friend (always a worry that you get it right) and they are really good (phew!). Hope this helps.

  Dagwoood 11:53 10 Jan 04

Thanks for the advice guys.

  AubreyS 11:58 10 Jan 04


You've just promoted Gaz25 to Gaz35... or should I say gaz35" :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

Apple predictions 2017