SPEAKER VOLUME

parkhead 10:20 29 Jun 08

Hello Wizards,

I listen to the radio on my office computer (at weekends!!!). It is a Dell with speakers built in. The volume is very low. I have gone into the Master Volume box and every control is set to maximum and all the 'balances' are in the middle. Is there anything else I can do to try to increase the volume?

Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Jim

Halmer 10:21 29 Jun 08

Can you increase the volume on the software itself?

parkhead 10:28 29 Jun 08

Hi Halmer,

How would I do that?

Jim

chub_tor 10:34 29 Jun 08

Most laptops also have a manual way of changing the volume, my Toshiba has a little rotary control near the jacks on the front. My daughter's HP has + and - signs with an illuminated bar at the top of the keyboard. If you can't find a manual control, take a look at the Dell manual for your model, if you don't have a hard copy you should fing it on the Dell website.

parkhead 10:41 29 Jun 08

Thanks a lot chub_tor. I'll have a look on the website for the manual.

Jim

Halmer 10:47 29 Jun 08

How do you actually listen to it i.e. what software?

Halmer 10:50 29 Jun 08

click here

you use the volume slider bar and round blue button in the top left hand corner.

parkhead 10:53 29 Jun 08

Hi Halmer,

When I listen to Radio 5 it comes through Real Player and the volume is not too bad but could be improved.

When I listen to Magic Radio I just follow the links and I don't actually see what is playing the music although the volume is poor.

Is this any help? (I fear not.)

Jim

Halmer 11:12 29 Jun 08

to see what I get with Magic Jim.

parkhead 11:15 29 Jun 08

Thanks, Halmer.

Jim

Halmer 11:16 29 Jun 08

Magic plays on mine with a similar bar at the top right hand corner (via Windows Media Player) with a blue volume button which can be adjusted.

H

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…