speaker settings keep changing

johnnyrocker 19:37 03 Sep 05

i have creative platignum audigy 2 with 5.1 speakers xp pro sp1 and my problem is that from time to time settings in the control console severt to 2.1 resetting and setting as default resolves for some days then same thing again, any pointers please?

johnny.

GaT7 21:30 03 Sep 05

In Audio Console -> Speakers tab, put a tick in 'Synchronize with Microsoft Windows Control Panel', & reboot.

Also check in Control Panel -> Sound & Audio Devices -> Volume tab -> Advanced, that the correct Speaker setup is selected.

If the above doesn't help, I would suggest to uninstall/reinstall the Creative sw, or at least the 'Creative Speaker Settings' sw.

If still no joy, consider installing SP2. I don't know why you don't have it installed already, but you may have a good reason for not doing so, do you? G

johnnyrocker 21:35 03 Sep 05

i do because when i was was working in support call centre 60-70% of calls were where sp2 had screwed pc/connections in one way or another.
but thanks for the other tips

johnny.

johnnyrocker 10:42 04 Sep 05

good morning this morning i booted up and lo back to 2.1 in the creative volume control (sound/audio in control panel is set correct though)

i cant find a place to tick for synchronise with windows though but thanks anyway

johnny.

GaT7 18:08 04 Sep 05

Hi johnny,

Glad the speaker settings are OK now : )G

This is what I meant (screenshots):

Audio Console - click here

Speaker Settings - click here

johnnyrocker 18:20 04 Sep 05

i cant find the first pic in settings, and in speaker settings i only have two of the three ticks you show ie no synchronise option

johnny.

Skills 18:26 04 Sep 05

The audio console can be found for me from start | all programs | creative | audio console

Have you tried using the auto update feature from creatives website to update your drivers

GaT7 18:26 04 Sep 05

That's strange. Do you have all & the latest Creative Audigy sw installed? click here to run a scan.

Mine is just a standard Audigy 2 - not platinum. Wonder if this matters? G

johnnyrocker 19:12 04 Sep 05

mught just be the solution
the scan showed 3 critical updates the first (27meg) was audio console which i did not have before

cheers.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…