Speaker Problems

TeamChris1981 12:39 17 Jul 07

Hi, was just wondering if any of you could help me as of this moment Iam having speaker problems. The sound on my PC apparently seems to be on, all the volume controls are there. Ive looked in the sounds and audio devices in control panel and Realtek AC97 Audio is in the volume tab, device volume is high the speaker volume and everything is all on high, desktop sepakers is set up in the advanced section. All the audio codecs seem to be installed. Ive tried different port holes on the computer with the speaker (just 3 altogether). The speakers are brand new and does work on them with other devices i.e. stereo. My computer is new I only got it delivered on Friday. Iam just completley lost can somebody help Iam desperate.
Thanks

Stuartli 12:45 17 Jul 07

If you have the Realtek Sound Effects Manager configuration panel, check that you have chosen the correct sequence of sockets from the Speaker Configuration tab (i.e. the three sockets lineup).

You should also check from Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel>General tab> that the Volume has not been Muted, plus checking (by clicking on the Volume icon) that no inputs/outputs have been muted inadvertently or not Enabled.

Speakers output is from the jack plug socket with the green collar.

Taff™ 13:08 17 Jul 07

This reminds me of the Optional hardware MS Windows update earlier this year that updated the driver which didn`t work. Exactly the symptoms you descibe. Is this a recent problem?

Try "Rolling Back" the driver from Device Manager or downloading the AC97 driver from the manufacturers website. Post back if you need further guidance.

TeamChris1981 13:09 17 Jul 07

Still no luck

wee eddie 13:11 17 Jul 07

What other devices have you plugged them into? Through which you have said that they work.

Stuartli 13:38 17 Jul 07

To follow up Taff™'s advice re the drivers, you will need to check whether it's Realtek standard or HD onboard sound.

I would also avoid the Realtek website - downloads can be excruciatingly slow.

Instead use this link:

click here

(it's listed in alphabetical order).

Latest Realtek standard drivers are A400, but you'll find both these and HD drivers for All Windows, plus Vista versions.

birdface 13:52 17 Jul 07

First ,Make sure that you have your speakers plugged into electric socket and switched on, and sliders are turned up,Make sure Audio is not muted on your keypad, And then try Control Panel.Administrative tools. Services,Scroll down to Windows Audio and make sure that it is set to automatic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple