Speaker problem

Jarigo 19:15 12 Jan 08

Hi I have HP desktop with Labtec speakers.Recently I am getting a bad echoing sound from the speakers.I have tried another set of speakers but I am getting the same problem.Any ideas would be welcome.Many thanks.
Jim.

Technotiger 19:20 12 Jan 08

Your mic might be too close to speakers.

STREETWORK 19:44 12 Jan 08

Does you monitor have speakers as well by chance?

100andthirty 19:53 12 Jan 08

look carefully at the sound setting. Somewhere there will probably be a setting for "effects" and you need to turn them off; you've probably accidentally set "echo"

Jarigo 20:27 12 Jan 08

Hi folks thanks for your replies .I am not using the mic.but playing music from library in "My music"and I have tried all the sound settings that I can find.Could it be a faulty sound card as I say this only happened recently.There are speakers on my PC but they are disconnected.

Jarigo 20:29 12 Jan 08

Sorry I meant speakers on my monitor.

Technotiger 21:41 12 Jan 08

You don't need to be using the mic for the echo to appear, if you have a mic attached it could still be causing the echo - you could eliminate this possibility by disconnecting the mic. As I say, it is only a possibility!

Jarigo 22:36 12 Jan 08

Many thanks Technotiger but I do not have a mic connected.I hope I am not being a bit of a pain.

Technotiger 23:33 12 Jan 08

You are not being a pain - try a System Restore back to before this started.

Jarigo 19:13 13 Jan 08

Technotiger thanks again I have done a system restore and it made no difference.Sorry for being so long in getting back to you.

woodchip 19:24 13 Jan 08

it may be software that loaded with a sound card set to echo or bathroom etc. check control panel sound

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant