Speaker leads into soundcard

the old man 12:47 21 Jun 06

Have a set of Creative speakers, 4 in total, with a subwoofer. I have six leads coming out of the back of the subwoofer which all join together into just two wires to plug into the soundcard. Have front and rear audio inputs, and right and left rear and right and left front. The jacks are black and green. Which jacks go into which holes on the soundcard. Yes I have had these for years but card is new and have not taken any notice in the past and yes I am a dullard. LOL

Hertz Van Rentyl 12:58 21 Jun 06

Usually there are 3, do you not have an orange jack?

the old man 13:01 21 Jun 06

No, they all combine into just the two jacks, green and black. I have been looking for the answer but all seemed to suggest there should be another jack but there isn't, promise.

Hertz Van Rentyl 13:06 21 Jun 06

If you have 3 holes then the black goes in the middle and the green and(orange )each side , as you do not have an orange try the green either side of the black.

Hertz Van Rentyl 13:08 21 Jun 06

Do you know the model of speakers and soundcard as you may be able to get a schematic from creative.

the old man 13:17 21 Jun 06

add two more speakers to this set and that is what I have. click here

soundcard is a new Terratec Aureon 5/1 pci.

the old man 13:37 21 Jun 06

Helps to pay attention to what my eyes are telling me and what advice I am given. Just got it right and blew the wax out of my ears. Blimey that sounds good now. If any one is just using onboard sound I would gladly provide a link to a dedicated soundcard for £12. Then see/hear the difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017