SpamBunker disaster

Chris the Ancient 17:18 14 Nov 03

Following VoG's thread about spam,

click here

I thought that I would try SpamBunker from

click here

I installed it all according to the instructions and...

It totally trashed my OE6 and wouldn't connect to my servers! I'm using XP Home with OE6

Has this happened to anyone else?

I've had to do a system restore to recover, it was that bad.

Chris

VoG II 17:24 14 Nov 03

I might have known I'd be cited in a thread about a disaster!

I haven't tried it and definitely don't intend to now.

hugh-265156 17:39 14 Nov 03

i was just about to give it a whirl too

think i will pass now also

oops!

Jester2K II 18:20 14 Nov 03

SpamBunker - is this one of those "challenge - response" things ??

woodchip 18:47 14 Nov 03

I tried it but could not get it to work with Netscape, and did not have the patience to try to get it working I will stick with MailWasher.

Chris the Ancient 19:22 14 Nov 03

Did I open a can of worms (and then went and hid... OK, I was working really)?

Interesting. No positive responses. And why not? A thread such as this usually elicits a few. Where are all the SpamBunker lovers?

Following this 'disaster', I think that I too will stay with my MailWasher. I registered mine coz I liked it so much and felt it was worth paying for.

I have noticed that one or two occasional pieces of spam sneak through the MailWasher. I'm not sure how. But I shall stick with it until someone can really - and I mean really - convince me on how to make SpamBunker work properly and why I should really - and, again, I mean really - change to it.

Chris

Chris the Ancient 19:25 14 Nov 03

Sorry, didn't really mean to miss you out. I'm not sure how it really works, I'm not into that sort of technology (steam and coal are my limits ;o)) ). Their website does try to explain it - in rather poor English - but I got lost!

C

Bald Eagle 19:46 14 Nov 03

Had it for one day on XP and removed it. What a disaster!

Chris the Ancient 20:03 14 Nov 03

At least I'm not the only one!

More???

C

DieSse 21:18 14 Nov 03

I've been using it from it's early beta test days - it works perfectly for me - I have no problems at all, and it stops all spam - 100% of it.

I've installed it on several of my clients systems (which I wouldn't do unless I was pretty confident with it), and it's never faltered.

Chris the Ancient 21:41 14 Nov 03

Thanks for responding - and being positive! It's re-assuring that someone has used it (more than once) and found it fine.

So a couple (well three then) of questions if I may...

Can you think of a reason why some of us have had less than 100% success?

How much of a pain was it setting up the 'allowed' tables (did anyone complain about the iterrogation?)? It seems a little catankerous to me.

Can you answer Jester's question?

Ta

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…