Spam trapping in BT

Bagsey 08:47 09 Mar 03

I use Bt as my Isp and have signed up for their Spam trapping. It works, but appears to be limited in its usefullnes. Does anyone know how , or, if it is possible to add other criterea to the kind of spam that it will catch. I keep getting masses of rubbish emails that I would like to stop before I download them without have the bother of going onto webmail.

-pops- 08:50 09 Mar 03

I've got the BT spam catcher and almost nothing gets through. When I check their spam catcher site I see it has caught hundreds which I then delete.

Do you check to see what it has caught? Do you empty the box? It may be that it needs emptying regularly.

Brian

Bagsey 08:55 09 Mar 03

Hi pops. Yes I regularly do that but I find that it has stopped only one or two, and has let through many from similar senders. Is it possible to add more rules do you know? I have not found any way so far.

Kudu 09:14 09 Mar 03

How do you check to see what is caught?

Sometimes this is a nuisance as it has blocked legit. attachments from my wife,Sony & Logitech.

mikef™ 09:38 09 Mar 03

Kudu to check log in to email on BTO's hompage and check your mail there and you'll find a list of spams,you can then choose to let these through in future, the attachment ones are often blocked by the virus protection rather than the spam protection as this is the most common way of spreading viruses.If you read the FAQ's it will explain what is happening.

I must say like -pops- very little spam gets through OK it's not perfect but it's a lot better than using OE's blocking program

-pops- 09:56 09 Mar 03

Kudu, just as mikef™ says, check on the BT homepage. I have to say though that it has never caught anything legit. that could be of the slightest use to me and I am very pleased with the way it works.

Brian

Kudu 09:57 09 Mar 03

Thanks mikef.Now i know where to look.

Andsome 11:07 09 Mar 03

Try this months PCA cover CD. There is a great program called Spam Pal. It is easy to set up, and can be configured NOT to delete, which could mean deleteing mail that you want. I have it configured to move all suspicious mail to a Spam trap folder. It is easy to look into the folder and see what is in there without openng anything up. If all the mail is unwanted, just click CONTROL/A to highlight everything, then click delete. If mail that you do require has been put into there, it is easy to WHITELIST the sender, and all their mail will pass through in future. I have used it for several days now, and only two e-mails so far which I did not want have got through. These senders have now been added to the blacklist, and their mail will not get through in future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…