spam reporting; but this cannot 'infect' can it?

p;3 16:16 02 Apr 07

I think the answer is 'no' BUT; having just received a most beautiful 'spam' message seemingly about 'alice in wonderland ' and other delights (no sex..but thats life!); and having copied and pasted it from mailwasher into a word document and mailed it off to the spam reporting adress; I presume one cannot get infected by doing just that...??can one?

even if the original mail had/may have had an infection attached to it?

Belatucadrus 22:31 02 Apr 07

No worries p;3 you aren't going to infect anybody by copying and pasting text to a word document. Most e-mail viruses come as executables of some form sent as an attachment, if you haven't copied them any dubious attachment files as well you've not sent anything dangerous.
The only possible issue would be if the message text contained a hyperlink to somewhere dodgy like a phishing site and I'd expect any half way decent Spam dept to be up to dealing with that.

p;3 22:45 02 Apr 07

I have actually copied it from the full header preview facility in mailwasher ; so I think it SHOULD be 'safe'? BUT having said that I have also wiped the thing from my OE;
I did have a BEAUTY in yingtongyingtong language all beasut symbols and such; complete gobledegook to me ; it to winged its way to the spam report

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…