Spam refusal

Bez 11:32 01 May 04

Is there a software program which does not accept spam but returns spam back to the sender as not deliverable?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:48 01 May 04

Do not bounce spam. The senders are not usually the spammers and it just increases traffic on an already clogged internet. Surely deleting is not too onerous a task in the year 2004? Bouncing also shows that your address is in use ;-))

G

johnnyrocker 11:53 01 May 04

get yourself 'mailwasher' from this sites downloads which will allow you to interrogate/delete mail before it gets to your in box.

johnny

Bez 12:18 01 May 04

Thank you GANDALF <|:-)> and johnnyrocker.
I'll try 'mailwasher' and see what difference it'll make.
Bez

georgemac 12:33 01 May 04

always having to mark new spam as unwanted, Ihave been trying this new free (for now anyway) sevice click here from filterspam. It involves a couple of relatively minor changes to your email settings in outlook/outlook express but so far it has done an excellent job for me.

Diodorus Siculus 12:37 01 May 04

georgemac - mailwasher has an option to check mail sources against known spammer DNS servers; this generally marks most of it for me. Somewhere in the advanced options I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…