spam problems

sputnick 13:14 14 Jul 05

I sympathise with all who receive spam, I often get over 200 a day as "Returned Mail" or "Undeliverable Mail". I have tried to find the source of these and have found that my e-mail address has been used and the first part before the "@" has been changed but as the account address is correct it all comes back to me. I have used Outlook message rules to put most into the deleted folder and have made a new folder called "junk" that everthing else labeled spam goes into as sometimes mail labeled spam is usable. But it still means I have to search for anything usfull, I have tried to change my mail / account address but am told I have to wait until my 12 contract expires.

VoG II 13:17 14 Jul 05

Try using Mailwasher click here but Delete don't Bounce.

octal 13:21 14 Jul 05

I have been using Lycos as my main email address for years, in fact I have two accounts with them and in all those years I've never received spam. I am careful who I give my email address to which I think is part of the secret. Also it doesn't matter which ISP I go with my email follows me around.

click here

sputnick 13:43 14 Jul 05

Thanks. I`ve installed Mailwasher.
Why have you suggested only enabling "delete" and not "bounce"??

VoG II 13:47 14 Jul 05

Bounce just clogs up the internet with yet more useless messages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…