Spam Problem

heavymetalkid 22:33 13 Aug 05

I am being deluged by spam,currently receiving about 50 a day and increasing. They're all obscene and most definitely would not have wanted my daughters to read them,when they were younger.
I clear this garbage every day,but am unsure what will happen when I go away for two weeks holidays at the end of this month. I'll return to thousands; will this freeze Outlook Express?
I'm reluctant to change my address,such a hassle informing everyone in my address book....and some may not get the message.Programs such as Maiwasher all seem to have drawbacks.
Anyone know any other method of dealing with these scumbags?

quack 22:46 13 Aug 05

Check your ISP site. Most of them have spam blocking as part of their service. This can usually be found if you check your e-mail on site.

heavymetalkid 23:38 13 Aug 05

Thanks for the quick reply quack. Could you just explain please how to check the site?

ACOLYTE 23:42 13 Aug 05

Who is you ISP?
Just log on to there home page select email and log in then check the email features they have.

heavymetalkid 00:05 15 Aug 05

Thanks guys, I'm with Wanadoo...tried their site but can't see anything about e-mail or spam filters. God there are some scumbags on this planet.
Andy.

VoG II 00:07 15 Aug 05

Try Mailwasher click here

Pine Man 11:29 15 Aug 05

At last there is an answer but it relies on as many people as possible participating.

Take a look at click here I am convinced that they have the answer.

heavymetalkid 12:49 15 Aug 05

Thanks Pine man,I'll check it out. Vog,is Mailwasher just free for a trial period, or is there a completely free version?

heavymetalkid 09:54 17 Aug 05

Installed Mailwasher to combat Spam and, sadly it's made absolutely no difference at all.....they're still coming, it doesn't seem to have made any difference,although I blacklist each one.

heavymetalkid 00:59 19 Aug 05

Thanks everyone They're still coming, I'm deleting furiously!

johnnyrocker 01:03 19 Aug 05

who has wandered on to iffy sites requiring a genuine e mail addy and especially if you used a real addy at the microsoft news forums.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017