Spam from PC Advisor

riclin 22:19 02 Dec 09

I have had 4 e-mails recently porporting to come from PC Advisor with the message

"Update Notice For Your Computer"

Guess when you open anything in it, it will launch a virus or other attack.

lotvic 23:26 02 Dec 09

You can look at the contents of your scam email "Update Notice For Your Computer" (last one at bottom of page) click here if you are curious to know what the advert in your email says. The link is an information page on scams doing the rounds (by the way the 'from' in the email is easily fixed to make you think that it is from someone you can trust. Have you right clicked it and looked at message source to find out more about the real sender?)

riclin 23:36 02 Dec 09

Hi
Was more concerned about the reputation of PC Advisor being compromised. Found no way of making direct contact with them just in case this was a new threat. Maybe they will note this topic ?
Currently working 12 hour shifts so digging deeper is time I do not have, but certainly more than interested in others comments
jericlin

lotvic 00:04 03 Dec 09

Contact > click on 'Contact Forum Editor' just above your first post. or after you log in, in same place just above the subject titles in forum.

If you want a very quick check of suspected spam/scam emails just put the subject title into a google search ie: "Update Notice For Your Computer"
including the " "

Spam/scam There's a lot of it about ;-))
darned nuisance, is my view.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…