Spam or Scam?

Pesala 22:11 04 Jul 04

I found a message that had been assassinated by Spam Assassin. Below is the essence of it:

[Quote]It has come to our attention that your eBay Billing Information records are out of date. That requires you to update the Billing Information.

If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your billing records, you will not run into any future problems with eBay's online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account termination. Please update your records in maximum 24 hours.

Once you have updated your account records, your eBay session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Failure to update will result in cancellation of service, Terms of Service (TOS) violations or future billing problems.

Please click here to update your billing records. ...

I may have registered with eBay at some point to check it out, I don't remember. I have never used the account, so this message makes sense. I'm quite happy to allow the account to terminate, so will do nothing.

Just curious to know whether this is a scam. The URL has a curious spelling of "membres" for "members."

Is this a bonafida email from eBay?

Pesala 22:14 04 Jul 04
  sicknote 22:17 04 Jul 04
  Agent Smith 22:19 04 Jul 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…