Spam from myself?

chrisbenwalker 20:34 02 Feb 08

I'm getting an increasingly large amount of spam, and although I am using Spamfighter Free, I am starting to get emails from my own address.

What would be causing this? Does this mean others would be getting it too showing my address?

Its a little concerning as I am not a spammer!!

Any ideas? Also, any alternative recommendations to Spamfighter - preferably free!

Stuartli 20:36 02 Feb 08

Had one or two myself...:-(

silverous 20:40 02 Feb 08

My CEO had one at the office. Not only are they spamming, they are spoofing the 'from' address to be you. Yes, probably emails going out also on the net from time to time with all of our email addresses. That's what the spammers do unfortunately.

chrisbenwalker 20:49 02 Feb 08

thanks for the comments....looks like I will have to live with it then. The joys of Spam. I feel like changing my email address it's geting that bad, but guess it will only happen again with my new one :{

bretsky 22:05 02 Feb 08

From earlier today click here

bretsky ;0)

audeal 00:23 03 Feb 08

Can't you set Mailwasher up so it will catch any mail with your address on. If it deletes them you are not loosing anything of importance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…