Spam Mail how do i fix it

mark3986 06 Dec 11

Hi my email address keeps sending emails to my contacts i think its called spam mail ive scanned comp with SUPER,MBAM,Spyware Blaster and AVG but its still not fixed it ive also changed my password but still not fixed

Belatucadrus 06 Dec 11

It looks like your e-mail address has been spoofed by a spammer, which means there's probably nothing wrong with your PC and the only answer may be to change your e-mail address as politely requesting they stop is unlikely to achieve much.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 06 Dec 11

Are you sure your machine is doing the sending?

or may be someone has hijacked your email address (it happens to all of us at some poit or other)

mark3986 06 Dec 11

im not sure wot to hence why im asking ive changed my password and its still happening

buteman 06 Dec 11

Maybe have a read through this.

http://ask-leo.com/ischangingmypasswordenough.html

buteman 06 Dec 11

Googled

It will give you something to look at till you get the help that you need.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sending+spam+e-mails+to+contacts&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Plus go through all of your contacts and see if there is one there that you do not recognize and remove it.

Woolwell 06 Dec 11

Are you using webmail or an e-mail client like Outlook Express? Are there any e-mails in the sent box? If yes someone is hacking into your account or you have a virus. If no then they are probably spoof e-mails. Is it a hotmail account?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message