spam killer

musiclady 16:19 08 Sep 03

Could anyone please tell me which is the best spam killer about at the moment

VoG II 16:23 08 Sep 03

I recommend Mailwasher click here

flyboy 16:31 08 Sep 03

Agree with VOG

Belatucadrus 17:45 08 Sep 03

click here for a selection, plus comments and star ratings and click here for another possibility.

elleirdad 18:53 08 Sep 03

The buzz in the industry is about the new Bayesian spam killers. They seem to be more accurate and less prone to mistakes.

There is free open source project known as SpamBayes (click here) that has filters for Outlook and POP3. A commercial version of SpamBayes, called InBoxer (click here) is easier to install and comes with more features and technical support.

I urge you to try your pick.

anchor 19:20 08 Sep 03

I recently read a very good report on Mailshield 3.0.

Never used it myself, but the writer in a PC magazine rated it highly.

click here

Border View 19:28 08 Sep 03

I found with Mail Washer that although you were'nt downloading spam onto your computer you still had to read through the addresses and headings to delete the ones you didnt want coming into Outlook Express. I got to the point where I was receiving over 200 spams a weeks. I did'nt bounce my deletions just blacklisted them. Not that it made any difference.

Tiscali my ISP have introduced Secure Mail £4.99 per annum. I uninstalled Mail Washer and installed Secure Mail and it's done the trick. I'm down to about two spam a day. Vast improvement.

expertec 19:48 08 Sep 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…