Spam help please???

bribert 11:33 28 Jan 08

I have a email address that I want to keep but am getting lots of spam through. I want to know how to stop the spam or find a way to delete it automaticly??? Do I have to block each one indivually or do I just have to bite the bullit and change my email address. Thanks for any help you can offer

brundle 11:49 28 Jan 08

Worth a try if it's POP3; click here

Or click here

Both free

babybell 11:51 28 Jan 08

Do you have your email address posted on the internet anywhere, like a personal website for example. I had my email address on my website and i went from receiving no spam to about 40 messages a day. Removing it off of a website is the first thing to do as it gets picked up by spam scanners automatically. Blocking each individual one will not work as i'm sure you would have noticed, the email address of the sender is usually just random letters and numbers which will change everytime so blocking won't help. Also, some of the emails may say "click to remove your address from our mailing list" DON'T do this, as they will no your email address is valid and will probably send you more. Let us know if your address is public at the moment, also, let us know what email company your currently with

brundle 11:53 28 Jan 08

Babybell's post reminds me to mention not to "bounce" emails if you try Mailwasher - it just reveals that the account is active.

bribert 12:50 28 Jan 08

Will try the above and see what happens. Thanks. I don't have me email posted anywhere but have signed up for random stuff. Have stopped signing up for rubbish and will try the suggestions. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac