Spam filtering

coolteentom 21:26 20 Jul 03

Hi

I get piles of spam email through Outlook.
Can anybody reccommend a decent program that you can just download of the net for free that keeps away most of it?

Thanks

Tom

VoG II 21:33 20 Jul 03

click here - brilliant!

VoG II 21:34 20 Jul 03

I was so impressed that I made a donation but basically it is free.

coolteentom 21:39 20 Jul 03

Thanks a lot for this link, I'll download it straight away!

Giantsquid 21:44 20 Jul 03

Have a look at this, it is used by many PCA users and it works,

click here

DieSse 21:46 20 Jul 03

I use a new shareware program, SpamBunker, which uses the "challenge/authentificate" method.

click here

All emails are intercepted - if the sender is on your allow list, they get through - if not a request to authenticate is automatically sent out. Only real people reply to authentification requests - Spam can't - result - I get no Spam - period - none.

Giantsquid 21:46 20 Jul 03

oops, sorry I left the link open too long, but as VOG say's it is well worth it.

Giantsquid 21:49 20 Jul 03

DieSse, You find it better than Mailwasher then ?

DieSse 21:56 20 Jul 03

It's automatc - you don't need to go and look at anything (which defeats the object to my mind).

But if you want to, you can have a look at the spam headers - you just don't need to.

Giantsquid 21:58 20 Jul 03

Thanks for that, Maiwasher does a good job for me, but I still get weird stuff from time to time.

Andybear 19:31 21 Jul 03

I'm all for Mailwasher - apart from the usual annoying spam, it stopped me downloading a Bugbear virus last week. There was an email and I didn't recognise the address. Under 'Status' it had the word 'virus'. I deleted it straight from the server. NAV picked it up but, after I ran a full virus scan, it reported that none of the files were infected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now