spam "failure to deliver" mail

brigtoo 19:46 24 Feb 07

i am suffering about 60 "fail to deliver mail" messages, from either "mailer daemon" or "postmaster" referring to mail ive never sent. should i report them to spamcop or just delete in mailwasher pro

Jackcoms 19:59 24 Feb 07

Just delete in Mailwasher.

As you seem to be getting so many a day, you'll spend all day reporting them!

brigtoo 20:03 24 Feb 07

probably the best solution, if it persists a change of e-mail address is called for.

VoG II 20:06 24 Feb 07

These 'attacks' tend to die down after a while. Just delete in Mailwasher as Jackcoms said.

jarani 21:12 24 Feb 07

I get the same - why do people bother to send these emails - I am on orange - jarani

Jackcoms 21:30 24 Feb 07

"why do people bother to send these emails - I am on orange"

Presumably the spammers are on something stronger than orange. ;-)

VoG II 21:31 24 Feb 07

Irn Bru ?

woodchip 21:35 24 Feb 07

Your Computer may be being used as a Zombi. If so you need to clear your Address book. Or put and X after each address then when you send a mail just remove the x

Billawa 23:47 26 Feb 07

Had the same problem myself some months ago. Wrote to Orange enclosing copies of spam and asked them to put a filter on my mail to stop it. Got a rather bland non-committal reply but over the next five days the amount of spam dropped off to almost nil and has remained so ever since.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…