SPAM EMAIL FILTER...BEST LITTLE PROG SURELY?!!

rotormota 18:18 27 Jan 07

Hi,

I feel compelled to recommend a little free spam email filter download called Magic Mail Monitor. Does anyone else have it?

It is one of my most useful & used programs on my PC. I found it on the web about 7 years ago & having just recently input a friends list this brilliant piece of software now deletes 99% of my spam at the server so the nasties don't even get to my PC at all. In addition I have over 500 filters that I have configured over the years. I can't say how satisfying it is to see 30 odd spam emails get deleted when I first log on in the morning & subsequently throughout the day!!

Usefully it also shows me what has been deleted so I can double check just to see if there is any email which should have actually got to me.

Magic Mail Monitor is not supported any longer but is still available on the web I believe. I think I got it from a download site at Canterbury University.

Anyway, I highly recommend it. It's small, unobtrusive & does the job.

Cheers.
Jules.

rotormota 18:23 27 Jan 07

I'll go further. Magic Mail Monitor deletes 99.9% of spam!!

Ben 216 18:34 27 Jan 07

I use something similar called Mailwasher, a free version is still available at click here

I don't like email to be deleted for me (although it has an option to do that). It downloads mail headers only, then I can select what gets deleted from the server and what gets downloaded to my PC.

I think everyone should use one of these programs!

PaulB2005 18:44 27 Jan 07

click here

Probably millions of other alternatives.

grizzley 16:48 29 Jan 07

i use a programme called spamjab which is also free and does the same as magic mail stopping at least 99% of all spam and it comes with a gaurentee,if any spam gets in they pay you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…