Spam e-mail

hoverman 07:56 13 May 03

It is now almost a year since I upgraded to BT Broadband. I never used my Btinternet e-mail account since I had been using BT's Talk21 for a number of years and thought it too much of a hassle informing all my contacts of a change. Over the past few weeks the amount of spam coming in has increased in leaps and bound - anything up to 50 each morning - despite using Mailwasher. After finding out that BT's new E-mail Protection Service is not available to their Talk21 customers, I decided to change over and phase out my Talk21 account. Yesterday was spent sending out numerous e-mails to friends, and people like eBay, Paypal, PC Advisor Forum, and companies I had registered software with to notify them of the change. This morning Mailwasher reported 33 spam e-mails and when I logged on to my BTinternet account I found it had already blocked 2 spam e-mails. Boy!! do these spammers work fast - less than 24 hours to pick up my new e-mail address.

rawprawn 08:18 13 May 03

I got one this morning from Nigeria showing me how to make millions, this was thru my hotmail address which I never use except for passport.I think I must be very lucky as I hardly get any spam at all.I deleted the offer from Nigeria do they think we all fell off a Xmas tree?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced