Spam Beater Recommendations

spuds 21:59 05 Sep 03

I like many others seem to have an increase of Spam. I am trying to obtain a good spam freebie download, which is recommended as doing a good prevention job. I tried SpamBunker, which seemed to caused all sorts of confliction problems, so I had to un-install.The one that I am trying out now is Spam Weasel, which seems to be letting large amounts of spam through, even though it as been 'set-up'as per instructions.Any proven recommendation, would be appreciated.

MAJ 22:24 05 Sep 03

Only your ISP can stop them arriving on your email server, you'll have to stop downloading the ones they let through, spuds. To that end, try Mailwasher. click here It works very well.

spuds 11:46 06 Sep 03

Had Mailwasher on a previous computer, when spam was minimal.Forgot about it, but will have another look at Mailwasher. Thanks again for suggestion.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:52 06 Sep 03

Slightly off tangent but there is NO use in bouncing the spam back. It only increases the already overloaded Net and it does not go back to the sender, they use proxy accounts....Do not bounce back.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:54 06 Sep 03

click here should keep you busy...

G

expertec 12:04 06 Sep 03
  spuds 18:00 06 Sep 03

Swatting up on links supplied.

penny 19:00 06 Sep 03

Gandalf, which one do you use? Hope the question is not too personal.

elleirdad 19:08 08 Sep 03

I've been reading a lot about Bayesian style spam filters. They are more accurate and seem to have less false-positives.

Much of the press is about the SpamBayes (click here) open source project. The software is free, but requires some knowledge of PCs to get it to work right. A commercial product named InBoxer (click here) is easier to use, but is only for Outlook -- not Outlook Express.

Brian-336451 19:24 08 Sep 03

Try this click here

I used to get 50/60 a day, now I get NONE.

30 day trial is free, the software service isn't and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

I still use Mailwasher though 'cos I like seeing who's emailed me before I donwnload.

Border View 19:32 08 Sep 03

I found with Mail Washer that although you were'nt downloading spam onto your computer you still had to read through the addresses and headings to delete the ones you didnt want coming into Outlook Express. I got to the point where I was receiving over 200 spams a week even using Mail Washer. I did'nt bounce my deletions just blacklisted them. Not that it made any difference.

Tiscali my ISP have introduced Secure Mail £4.99 per annum. I uninstalled Mail Washer and installed Secure Mail and it's done the trick. I'm down to about two spam a day. Vast improvement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…