Spam almost gone

Legolas 14:20 08 Aug 05

I am on BB with NTL. About six months ago NTL installed new spam filters on their email servers, this reduced my spam email by about a third. Then in the last week my spam emails have fallen to a trickle, whereas I was getting around about 50 a day this has fallen to 10 to 15. Does anyone know if they have installed new filters. Whatever the reason it is a welcome development

pj123 15:14 08 Aug 05

Well that might explain why I haven't had any emails at all (spam or not) in my NTL Inbox for the last couple of weeks. Fortunately, I have it set up to automatically send them to my Hotmail account as well. I used to get the same email twice, once in NTL inbox and once in Hotmail. Now I am only getting them in my Hotmail account. I keep sending a test email now and again but it only turns up in my Hotmail Inbox.

What criteria do NTL use to define spam?

Legolas 17:52 08 Aug 05

I have just checked my NTL email after coming in from work. 6 a few weeks ago there would have been 30 or more after a day without checking. Long may it continue. pj123 I dont know how they set up their spam filters but if you are getting none at all I would check with NTL.

DieSse 17:52 08 Aug 05

I don't use NTL - I have several Spanish email accounts - without spam filters.

I've noticed a big drop off in spam over the last few months - so perhaps (fingers crossed) - it's a sign that it really is diminishing.

QuizMan 23:44 08 Aug 05

Same with me Legolas. The NTLworld.com website confirms that they have introduced a new spam blocker. Have a look - there's a link near the top of their first page. Personally, I've changed the default setting so that I still receive the e-mails for a couple of weeks just until I am happy that they're not blocking anything genuine. After that, I'll switch back to the default and hopefully it's goodbye to 80% or more of my spam.

QuizMan 23:48 08 Aug 05

Also, they've just introduced antivirus, pop-up blocker and privacy protection for free. Think I'll await developements before I trust NTL with AV protection though

squashman 01:25 09 Aug 05

mine also down from about30 a day to about 5, excellent

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…