**SPAM**

cherie 18:14 17 Sep 09

Recently ny emails began to arrive at various friends' computers with **SPAM** in the subject line. I tried everything to work out why, including scanning for viruses, and eventually contacted my provider. They uninstalled my address & reinstalled it. All seemed to be fine for a couple of weeks but now the problem has returned. I use Outlook Express & Mailwasher. Any ifeas what to do next, please?

Technotiger 18:59 17 Sep 09

Perhaps you should change your Password.

cherie 19:29 17 Sep 09

Technotiger, why do you think changing my password would help?

wiz-king 19:37 17 Sep 09

First find out if all those friends that get the warning use the same ISP. If they do get onto that ISP and ask why you are being flagged as spam. It will the incoming ISPs that are flagging your emails not your ISP. It could be that your IP address has been use for sending spam in the past.

cherie 19:57 17 Sep 09

Thanks, Wiz-King, but I even have a friend in France who has a French provider & she is receiving the **SPAM** message.

Technotiger 20:18 17 Sep 09

Why the password - thinking along the lines, that perhaps your email account has been hijacked.

cherie 20:23 17 Sep 09

Thanks again, Technotiger, but there seemed to be no problems when my provider reinstalled my address so it's unlikely. However, I will contact them again tomorrow & reset the password again.

Technotiger 20:35 17 Sep 09

Hmm, I hadn't realised that your ISP had also changed your password.

Also, maybe a bit of a long-shot, but have you thought of doing a System Restore back to before this started.

cherie 21:00 17 Sep 09

Yes, I had thought of a system restore & I might try that. The problem with that is that I can't remember exactly what I've put on since then but I'll probably give it a go anyway. I also might try uninstalling & reinstalling Outlook Express.

morddwyd 21:05 17 Sep 09

If it's possible, try to ignore it.

The more you and your contacts react, the more the spammer/hacker knows they're on to a live address.

Technotiger 21:05 17 Sep 09

To see what you may have put on since then - when you go into System Restore have a look at each Restore Point starting with the latest, and working back to the Point you choose for the restore. If you have installed anything in between, it will show up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple